Overdyeing with Natural Dyes
Overdyeing with Natural Dyes with Dagmar Klos
Just as primary colors—blue, red, and yellow—combine to produce the rest of the color wheel, natural dyes can be combined and modified to produce a full color palette.
Building off of principles discussed in Dagmar Klos’s companion workshop Natural Dyeing, in this video, she will demonstrate how to create a full range of hues and tones using the process of overdyeing. By dyeing fiber or yarn multiple times with varying colors, you can create new and vibrant results that aren’t possible with just one dye bath.
- The basic dyestuffs that complete the natural color wheel
- The materials and equipment you’ll need for overdyeing
- Important safety practices for natural dyeing
- How to prepare an indigo dyebath for dyeing and overdyeing
- How to prepare dye extracts for overdyeing
- How to use iron, acids, and other modifiers to shift colors
Learn everything you need to know about natural dyeing and overdyeing in this 62-minute video workshop hosted by Dagmar Klos!
ISBN-13: 9781620337431 ISBN-10: 1620337436 Publisher: Interweave Press
Publisher: Interweave Press