Kromski Symphony Spinning Wheel
The Symphony is the largest, in Kromski's line of Saxony wheels, with a diameter of 24 and an orifice height of 27. The Symphony definitely commands the attention of the room with its definitive sloping bench and grand sprawl measuring 43 wide. Although capacious, the weight of this wheel is quite conservative at only 15 pounds.
It is a double treadle wheel that can be operated in either single drive mode with Scotch Tension or in double drive mode, without. An independent, tensioned, arched lazy kate is INCLUDED with this wheel. The observable turnings of the Symphony wheel, posts and legs alone display the distinctive Kromski craftsmanship but the meticulous artistry in the functional components of the mother-of-all amplify this wheel as a timeless beauty.
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter: 24 inches
- Orifice Circumference: 3/8 inch
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 8, 12, 16 and 20:1
- Additional whorls 5.5:1 & 25:1 available
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension or Double Drive
- Double Treadle
- Total Wheel weight: 15 lbs
A DVD also comes with this wheel showing how to assemble the Mazurka and a basic intro to spinning.
This wheel comes boxed as a kit and requires about an hour to assemble. It is available unfinished or with a factory clear, walnut or mahogany finish that is exceptional