DVD: The Weaver's Yarn Companion
With Tom Knisely
The choice of yarn can make or break a weaving project, making the weaving experience and the finished project either satisfying or disappointing. There are so many things to consider—fibers, yarn construction and weight, sett, colors, and more—and so many questions.
In this DVD, master weaver Tom Knisely answers all these questions and teaches you how to choose the perfect yarns for your projects. You'll learn:
- The basics of yarn construction: worsted and woolen, plies, twist, and more
- How to choose yarn of the right fiber, weight, and type for your projects
- How to identify “mystery yarns” from your stash or a sale
- The best yarns for warp and weft
- How to choose the right sett and reed for your yarn
- How to design with space-dyed and variegated yarns
- Basic finishing techniques for your cloth
Tom's expert teaching and instruction provides you with everything you need to know about yarn. You will be able to choose yarns with confidence as you strike out on your own weaving adventures!
Run time: 111 minutes