DVD: Weaving with Novelty Yarn
Weaving with Novelty Yarn
With Tom Knisely
In this DVD, master weaver, mythbuster, and yarn explorer Tom Knisely shows that weaving yarn doesn’t have to come on a cone, and that weaving with novelty yarns opens a whole new world of design possibilities for woven fabric.
- How to tell which yarns are right for warp
- How to pair novelty yarns with other yarns to enhance durability
- Tricks for designing, warping, and weaving with delicate or textured yarns
- How to repair a broken thread quickly and cleanly
- How to finish novelty fabrics
- The best hemstitching trick you’ve ever seen!
Tom has spent his teaching and weaving career in a yarn shop, experimenting with every kind of yarn there is, and now you can reap the riches of his vast experience, his weaving wisdom, and his ever-present sense of fun. With Tom at your side, every delicious yarn in your stash or your local yarn shop will become fertile ground for your weaving imagination.
Run time: 113 minutes