Kromski Interlude Spinning Wheel
The Interlude, the mid-size in Kromski's Saxony wheel line-up, is their newest Saxony wheel. Falling right between the Symphony and the Prelude with it’s 21.5” diameter, the Interlude gives the spinner maximum spinning options while maintaining the classic Kromski Saxony style. This wheel is sure to please those spinners who desire the full visual impact of a “Cinderella” wheel but may not have room for a full-sized Saxony.
Like most other Kromski wheels, this single drive, single treadle wheel gives spinners a huge range of speeds/ratios and product outcome when factoring in the variable whorls and optional jumbo flyers. Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners twice the capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin. A regular Kromski bobbin already offers 50% greater space than most standard bobbins in the industry with a generous 4.2 ounce capacity. Jumbo bobbins double that, essentially allowing you to spin two regular bobbins worth without a bobbin change!! This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
- European Alder and Birch wood construction
- Wheel Diameter: 21.5 inches
- Orifice Circumference: 3/8 inch
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 7, 13.5 and 15.5:1
- Additional whorls 5.5, 8.3, 11, 13.3, 17.5 & 20:1
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass sleeve bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight: 11 lbs